|1. Catfish & the Bottlemen LP; The Balcony, 2. Topshop Glow Highlighter, 3. If I Stay, book by Gayle Forman, 4. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, 5. Mac Lipstick, Velvet Teddy, 6. Rose Gold Accessories, Tiger Stores, Frank Coffee Scrub|
So one of my favourite YouTube videos to watch are the monthly favourite series’, particularly from the likes of Hello October, Lily Pebbles and In The Frow to name but a few; honestly those girls could tell me that rubbing a bin bag on your face was good for you and i’d do it…
So I thought why not make my own little series of monthly favourites; i’m constantly trying new bits and pieces here and there whilst reading up on all of your favourites so to share mine seems like a pretty good idea… What do you think?
So lets get cracking…
1. If you follow me over on Twitter you will know just how OBSESSED I am with Catfish and the Bottlemen aka my new favourite band. There catchy riffs, real life lyrics and the fact that Van, the lead singer is a bit of a dreamboat have got me obsessing over their new album The Balcony. I’ve downloaded it, bought the CD AND the LP (and so should YOU); I just cannot get enough and can’t wait to see them live at KoKo in November!
2. I’m a sucker for having a wet face… No really I want my face to look so dewy and glowy that it looks wet. Okay not that far but I adore natural glowing skin and I strive for just that, splurging on the latest fad to moisturise, illuminate and highlight. None have worked as well as the Topshop glow pots; I have both shades, Gleam and Polish and both are pretty darn amazing. I used Gleam throughout the summer to add a bronze shimmer to my cheek bones, nose and brow bones but now i’m opting for a lesser highlight with Polish, a gorgeous champagney shade that lasts all day long… Perfect!
3. I don’t know if you know but i’m a bit of a book worm. I love nothing more than getting stuck into a good book that makes you excited for your long commute home from work.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman was just that; a super sad tale of a young girl whose life is turned upside down after a car accident. It’s a seriously great, quick and easy read from a very different perspective. A film adaptation of the book came out over the summer but I didn’t get chance to catch it; if you did… How was it?
4. As stated in favourite number 2 I love dewy skin; along with highlighters and illuminators i’m always on the look out for foundations that boast just that, and by Jove I think i’ve found it. Rimmel’s Wake Me Up Foundation is the perfect day wear foundation. A medium coverage that applys seamlessly to the skin when used with a Real Techniques buffing brush and provides the most gorgeous, natural glow to the skin. I honestly can’t fault it, and as for the price point, a mere £8.99 in Boots is a winner for me!
5. Another beauty favourite for me this month is Mac’s Velvet Teddy lipstick, an absolute gem of a lippie. A gorgeous natural nude shade which is my go to for every day wear. I wear it day-in-day-out and cannot get enough of it. It’s a popular one is our Velvet Teddy so i’ve stocked up with 3 of them just in case…
6. How gorgeous is this rose gold basket style shed(?) who knows what the hell it is but I absolutely love it. I picked up this and two rose gold lanterns and a rose gold picture frame in Tiger last week and I just love them (see a snap of them in action here) Tiger isn’t a store that i’d ever heard of until I moved to London and I simply cannot get enough of it. It’s a treasure trove of fun tatt that you never thought you needed… Now that’s my kinda shop.
7. Finally Frank, I love Frank. Frank has changed my skin and therefore has changed my life! Frank is a coffee body and face scrub that is just divine. It smells good enough to eat (may have accidentally done just that…) and leaves my skin feeling simply incredbile. I was having a bad break out for the first few months since moving to London and Frank has really helped to sort it out and leave me with the softest, smoothest and most healthiest skin I ever did have. Thanks Frank, you’re a gooden!
So there we have it, my top 7 thangs from the past month, what’re you lovely lot loving? Let me know if you have any face wetting techniques, book recommendations or download suggestions, I would LOVE to know.
Gemma Talbot says
I have been meaning to try the Topshop highlighter for ages now and after your rave review I am definitely going to purchase myself one x
i LOVE rimmels wake me up and i swear by it, its such an amazing foundation! Frank sounds so good, definitely next on my list to try!
catherine sprunt says
I'm SO getting that basket thing!
Holl JC says
That Mac lipstick looks absolutely stunning, I love the colour x
Sara Chergui says
This is such a lovely list of items ! Love the lipstick especially !
Lauren S says
I'd love to try the lippy and scrub, both look and sound amazing! I'm loving deep red and plum lipsticks and lots of autumnal fashion pieces this month
Britton Loves | Lifestyle Food Fashion Beauty – http://www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
I've actually got that book as next on my to be read pile, and I'm super excited to try it! I also like the sound of Frank – I'm suffering a bad breakout at the moment and for the life of me I can't find anything to get rid of it! xo
LJLV | UK Personal Style
Blonde Canvas says
I need to try the Topshop highlighter so bad x